- Buy things for their usefulness and not their status.
- Reject anything that causes an addiction in you.
- Give something away.
- Receive what we have as a gift from God.
- What we have is to be cared for by God.
- Make your goods available to others.
- Take notice of places in your life where godliness has led to joy.
- Begin your day with thankfulness to God, and end your day with praise.
- Eliminate all complaining in life. Simply refuse to complain.
- Decide to set your mind on the higher things of life (ex-Phil 4:8) (R. Foster, Celebration of Discipline, Pg 195)
- Have some fun celebrating things you may not have celebrated before with one condition, authenticity. (Don’t fake a celebration for something that is not worthy).
- Prayerfully read your bible daily, (lectio divina)
- When you speak with other people, care more about their good than your objective.
- Pray and evaluate yourself using this question, “What am I doing that would make it reasonable for God to speak to me”
- Take initiative to be a good worker at home (as part of a family/community) in Jesus name.
- Memorize Your favourite Bible passage.
- Read the Bible using your imagination.
- Reorganize your priorities from a perspective of Holy Leisure.